Find Out if We Are Right for Your Practice:
A representative will contact you soon to learn more about your practice and continue the qualification process
Patient Care Advocate
Reports to: Call Center Supervisor
Location: Atlanta, GA
BPC is seeking high-energy, highly motivated Patient Care Advocate for our internal call center. We offer an industry leading $12 hourly rate PLUS unlimited commission on transfers and other non-cash incentives. This role will be part-time with future full-time opportunities with benefits located in the heart of Buckhead only 2 blocks from MARTA. We have FREE parking, FREE Coffee and snacks along with an amazing work environment.
Hours: Day shift: 8 am – 6 pm (7-hour schedule that fits in these hours, determined by needs of company)
- Acts as a liaison between patients, patients’ relatives, and the healthcare organization.
- Upholds the high standards, guidelines, policies and procedures; especially when interacting with customers.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge and understanding of product coverage.
- The position does not require cold calling.
- Handle inbound and outbound member, provider and physician calls. Answer questions while maintaining productivity standards and performance guarantees where applicable.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of all inquiries in order to continuously improve the patient service process.
- Arranges for patient appointments and transfers in a timely manner as needed.
- Manages patient database.
- Explains policies and procedures to patients and refers them to the appropriate services.
- May assist with completing required paperwork for prior approvals for appointments and transfers.
- Basic computer skills and phone knowledge
- Knowledge of medical laws, rules, and policies, such as Medicare, health insurance, and HIPPA.
- Proven ability to perform in an unpredictable, fast-paced environment
- History of punctuality and good attendance
- Excellent communication skills
- Independent worker and self-starter
- Fun, energetic, collaborative, and competitive personality
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent experience
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org